Press-and-Bake Sugar Cookies
Write a review
- cup granulated sugar
- cup powdered sugar
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- cup vegetable oil
- teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1/4
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoon cream of tartar
- teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- 1 In large bowl with electric mixer, beat granulated sugar, powdered sugar and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in oil, vanilla and eggs until well blended.
- 2 On low speed, beat in flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt until a dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight for easier handling.
- 3 Heat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each with bottom of glass dipped in colored sugar.
- 4 Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets.
- For the prettiest cookies, look for a "cut-glass" tumbler with a pretty design on the bottom. Look for cream of tartar in the spice aisle of the grocery store.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/