Grandma’s Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies
Write a review
- pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- cup butter or margarine, softened (not melted)
- bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
- Green sugar or edible glitter
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F (or 350°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheet).
- 2 In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- 3 On floured surface, roll dough until about 1/8 inch thick. Cut with 3 1/2-inch cookie cutter; place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 4 Bake 5 to 7 minutes or just until edges begin to turn light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool 15 minutes.
- 5 In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips on High 1 minute; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave 10 seconds longer; stir until smooth. Spoon into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny bottom corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle glaze over cookies. Immediately sprinkle with green sugar. Let stand until set, about 15 minutes
- Use any fun, holiday sprinkles instead of the green sugar to sprinkle over the vanilla chip glaze.
- You can use larger or smaller cookie cutters than the ones called for in the recipe. Bake larger cookies 1 or 2 minutes longer; bake smaller cookies 1 or 2 minutes less time. Always check cookies at the lowest range in the bake time given.
- If you don’t have any vanilla chips, any frosting or glaze recipe will work—it will just take longer to set up.
- Instead of the resealable food-storage plastic bags, I often us
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/