Write a review
- cup butter or margarine
- cup whipping cream
- cup packed brown sugar
- cup coarsely chopped pecans
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- cup water
- cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
- Caramel topping, if desired
- Additional coarsely chopped pecans, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 325°F. In 1-quart heavy saucepan, stir together butter, whipping cream and brown sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until butter is melted. Pour into two ungreased 9- or 8-inch round cake pans; sprinkle evenly with 3/4 cup pecans.
- 2 In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Carefully spoon batter over pecan mixture in each pan.
- 3 Bake 41 to 47 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4 Stir remaining 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice into frosting. To assemble cake, place 1 layer, praline side up, on serving plate. Spread with half of the frosting. Top with second layer, praline side up; spread remaining frosting to edge of layer. Drizzle with caramel topping and additional pecans. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/