Peppermint Crunch Sugar Cookies
Write a review
- roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 1/2
- cups white vanilla baking chips or semisweet chocolate chips
- round hard peppermint candies, crushed (1/4 cup)*
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour until well blended. Shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls. Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 5 minutes.
- 2 In small microwavable bowl, microwave vanilla chips and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil uncovered on Medium (50%) 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once halfway through microwaving, until melted. Stir until smooth.
- 3 Dip half of each cookie into melted chips mixture, allowing excess to drip off; place on waxed or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle each with about 1/2 teaspoon crushed candy. Let stand until set.
- Substitute crushed candy canes for the crushed peppermint candies if desired.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/