Pepper Popper Fingers Recipe
Write a review
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 medium jalapeno peppers, stems removed, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon and seasonings. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into each pepper half. Dip tops of stuffed peppers into bread crumbs.
- Place a small amount of ketchup at the end of each popper; top with a sliced almond to resemble a fingernail. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
- Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/