Peanut Butter Monster Cookies
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Reese’s Pieces mini candies, 1 bag
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer) cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, and beat to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients, and beat just until combined. Don’t over beat at this stage. Stir in oats, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes, meanwhile preheating oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pour Reese’s Pieces candies onto a plate or into a flat bowl.
- Using a large cookie scoop (about 3 Tablespoons) drop cookie dough into the bowl of candies. Gently use your hand to press the dough down into the cookies and flatten the dough into a disc, then transfer to cookie sheet. Bake, six at a time, for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to darken.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes. If you skip this step, the cookies might break when you transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/