Candy Corn Milkshakes for Halloween!
Write a review
- 1 Quart Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Quart Orange Sherbet
- Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Black, Yellow & Orange Sprinkles
- Let your vanilla ice cream soften for about 25 minutes outside of the freezer. After the ice cream is softened take 1/3 of the ice cream and put it into a bowl and put the quart of vanilla ice cream back in the freezer. Add yellow food coloring to the ice cream in the bowl until the desired shade is obtained. Mix well.
- Take your orange sherbet out of the freezer to allow it to start softening.
- Get your mason jars, clear plastic cups, or glass drinking glasses and spoon yellow ice cream into the bottoms, filling the cups about 1/3 full. Smooth out the top as evenly as you can. Wipe down the inside of the cups with a paper towel to remove ice cream streaks. Place your cups in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to let the yellow layer harden a little.
- Take your vanilla ice cream out of the freezer again to allow it to start softening.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and carefully spoon in the orange sherbet now, filling the cups about 2/3 full, and again, smoothing out the top. Wipe the excess on the inside of the cups with a paper towel. Place the cups back in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and add the final layer of vanilla ice cream, filling the cups within 1/2 inch from the top of the cup. Smooth out the tops again.
- Top off your desserts with whipped cream or cool whip and sprinkles. Place in the freezer until they are ready to be served.
- Yields about 10 milkshakes, depending on size of cups.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/