OREO Caramel-Dipped Apples
Write a review
- apples (1-1/2 lb.), washed, well dried
- pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Caramels
- Tbsp. water
- OREO Cookies, coarsely chopped
- oz. BAKER'S White Chocolate
- Yellow and red food coloring
- INSERT wooden pop stick into stem end of each apple.
- COOK caramels and water in saucepan on medium-low heat until caramels are completely melted, stirring frequently.
- DIP apples, 1 at at time, in caramel, then spoon enough of the remaining caramel over apple until completely coated. Roll in chopped cookies, pressing cookies gently into caramel to secure. Place on waxed-paper-covered baking sheet; let stand 25 min. or until caramel is firm.
- MELT chocolate as directed on package; stir in 4 drops yellow food coloring and 1 drop red food coloring. Cool 15 min. Drizzle over apples; let stand 10 min. or until firm.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/