Orange Chiffon Cake
Write a review
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs, plus 1 white, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 325°F. Sift flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Separate eggs. Whisk yolks, oil, juice, zest and vanilla. Whisk oil mixture into flour mixture.
- Beat whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar; beat until firm. Beat in 3/4 cup sugar, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until peaks form. Fold 1/4 of whites into batter; add remaining whites.
- Bake in an ungreased 10-inch tube pan 1 hour and 10 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Invert pan over neck of a bottle to cool. When cool, run a knife around edges to remove cake. Place on a rack.
- Make glaze: Stir juice into sugar; drizzle over top of cake
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/