Mini Pumpkin Pies in a Muffin Tin
Write a review
- pumpkin pie filling for one 9-inch pie
- 2 9-inch pie crust doughs – pre-made from a box or I love this recipe from Martha Stewart
- bowl or round cookie cutter 4 inches in diameter
- muffin tin
- whipped cream
- 1. Prep your dough. Using a bowl or 4 inch round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from your 2 9-inch pie crust doughs.
- 2. Place each circle into a pre-greased muffin tin. Press them in, letting the sides come up for a fun look. Score the bottom of your dough with a fork to keep the crust from bubbling up as it cooks.
- 3. Pour your filling into each muffin tin cup. Fill them to the very top. I like to use the recipe for filling from the pumpkin can. But there are a lot of great recipes out there where you can use fresh pumpkin to make your filling. *I did have a little bit of filling left over. I used it with a homemade graham cracker crust recipe*
- 4. Bake your muffin tin pumpkin pies at 425* for 15 minutes. Then turn your heat down to 350* and bake them for 25-30 minutes. (This is 15-20 minutes less than a regular pie)
- 5. Let these cool on a wire rack for a couple of hours to let the pumpkin filling set.
- 6. Add a dollop of whipped cream to each individual muffin tin pie.
- Now it’s ready for guests to enjoy after a delicious dinner. It’s also great to serve at parties for a fancy dessert.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/