Mask Cookie Pops
Write a review
- cup butter, softened
- cup granulated sugar
- package (7 oz) almond paste, crumbled
- teaspoon vanilla
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- pouches (7 oz each) Betty Crocker® Decorating Cookie Icing (black, brown, orange and yellow)
- cup sparkling sugar
- cup Betty Crocker® Decorating Decors candy sprinkles
- 1 In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar and almond paste with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until blended. Divide dough in half; shape each half into a ball and flatten slightly. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 2 Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. On lightly floured surface, roll 1 portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 4x1-inch mask-shaped cookie cutter. On cookie sheets, place cutouts 1 inch apart; insert craft stick in bottom of each cutout. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 3 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. While warm, reshape or cut out eyes again, if necessary. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks; cool completely.
- 4 Decorate cookies as desired with cookie icing, sparkling sugar and candy sprinkles. Let stand until set.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/