Loaded Monster Mash Bites
Write a review
- container (24 oz) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 3/4
- cups Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- container (16 oz) sour cream
- teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 In large bowl, mix mashed potatoes, cheese, 2 tablespoons of the chives, the bacon and 1 of the eggs with spoon until blended. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- 2 In shallow bowl, place bread crumbs. In another shallow bowl, beat remaining 5 eggs. Coat potato balls with bread crumbs, then dip into eggs and coat again with bread crumbs.
- 3 In deep fryer or 3-quart heavy saucepan, heat 2 inches oil to 375°F. Fry potato balls, in batches, in hot oil 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 4 In small bowl, mix sour cream, remaining 2 tablespoons chives and the dressing mix. Serve warm potato bites with sauce.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/