Write a review
- package Hamburger Helper® lasagna
- tablespoons instant minced onion
- can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- can (7 ounces) Green Giant® Niblets® whole kernel corn
- 1 Pour contents of sauce mix (from lasagne mix) into 3 1/2-cup jar or quart-size plastic bag. Layer instant minced onion over dry sauce mix. Top with pasta (from lasagne mix). Place lid on jar, or seal plastic bag with colorful ribbon or raffia.
- 2 Place soup mix, can of tomatoes and can of corn in gift basket. Include the following directions for making soup.
- Italian Soup
- Cook 1 pound ground beef in 4-quart Dutch oven, stirring frequently, until brown; drain.
- Stir in soup mix, 5 cups hot water, undrained tomatoes and undrained corn. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 12 to 14 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- Ladle into bowls. Top with grated Parmesan cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Expert Tips
- Serve hearty soups in bread bowls. They make the soup good down to the last bite!
- Jazz up bowls of soup with a squirt of sour cream. Mmm!
- Add a drained can of kidney or great northern beans to boost the nutrition and fiber in this hearty soup.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/