Impossibly Easy Barbecue Beef Pie
Write a review
- lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- small bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2
- cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- cup Original Bisquick® mix
- cup milk
- Additional barbecue sauce, heated, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate with shortening. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, bell pepper and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in 1/3 cup barbecue sauce. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until blended. Pour over beef mixture.
- 3 Bake uncovered 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with additional barbecue sauce.
- Expert Tips
- Baked beans and coleslaw are natural accompaniments for barbecue beef.
- Savory Impossibly Easy Pies can be covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours before baking. You may need to bake a bit longer than the recipe directs since you’ll be starting with a cold pie. Watch carefully for doneness.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/