Holiday Star Cookies
Write a review
- roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Ready-to-spread frosting (any white variety)
- Coarse white sparkling sugar, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in 1/4 cup of the flour until well blended. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon flour onto work surface; coat all sides of dough with flour. With rolling pin, roll out dough 1/4 inch thick, adding additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- 2 With floured 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out stars. Gently brush excess flour from stars; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 3 Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Frost cookies with frosting. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Any decorator sprinkles or colored sugars may be used instead of the coarse white sparkling sugar. Frosting may be tinted in any color using food coloring.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/