Halloween Lollipop Swirls
Write a review
- pouches Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- cup butter, softened
- teaspoon almond extract
- teaspoon grated lemon peel
- drops purple food color
- drops orange food color
- drops black food color
- paper lollipop sticks
- 1 In large bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and eggs until dough forms. Stir in almond extract and lemon peel. Divide dough into thirds. Knead purple food color into 1 portion, orange food color into second portion and black food color into third portion. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Shape each color of dough into 15 (1- to 1 1/2-inch) balls. Roll each ball into 10-inch rope. Twist 1 rope of each color together; coil rope into 3-inch round. On cookie sheet, place rounds 2 inches apart. Insert lollipop stick into bottom of each cookie.
- 3 Bake 14 to 15 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/