Halloween Ghost Cookie Stacks
Write a review
- pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- cup butter, softened
- container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
- box (24 oz) rolled fondant
- Black edible marker
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 70 balls, using about 1 teaspoon of dough for each. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 2 inches apart.
- 2 Bake about 5 minutes or until golden around edges but still soft in center. Carefully remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks; cool completely.
- 3 Spoon frosting into decorating bag or resealable food-storage plastic bag with corner cut off. For each cookie stack, pipe frosting on 1 cookie; top with 4 more cookies, piping frosting in between each.
- 4 On lightly greased work surface, knead fondant about 2 minutes to soften. Roll fondant with rolling pin until thin. With sharp knife, cut fondant into 14 (5-inch) rounds, using 5-inch-diameter bowl for pattern and rerolling scraps, if needed.
- 5 Pipe more frosting on top of each cookie stack. Place 1 fondant round on top of each stack, draping over sides and adhering to frosting on top cookie. Use edible marker to draw ghost faces.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/