Gingerbread Cupcakes with Ginger Glaze
Write a review
- 1⁄3 cups (165 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup (95 g) dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup (90 g) molasses
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) buttermilk
- Piece of fresh ginger (2-inch/5-cm)
- 1⁄2 cup (60 g) confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped crystallized ginger
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-hole (1⁄3 cup/80 mL) muffin pan with paper liners. Sift flour, ginger, mustard, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves into a bowl.
- 2. Place sugar, molasses, and oil in a large bowl and beat until well combined. Beat in egg whites one at a time until incorporated and the mixture has a light texture. Fold the flour mixture and buttermilk into the sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon into paper liners. Bake 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely.
- 3. Peel the fresh ginger and grate finely. Squeeze to extract the juice and measure 2 teaspoons (10 mL). Combine confectioners’ sugar and ginger juice in a bowl to make a glaze. Add a little water if necessary. Spread glaze over the tops of the cupcakes and sprinkle with crystallized ginger.
- Read more: http://www.rd.com/slideshows/special-gingerbread-recipes-holidays/#ixzz2jv244z1Q
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/