Giant Glowing Pumpkin Cookies
Write a review
- roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- cup all-purpose flour
- teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Additional 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- butterscotch hard disk candies, crushed
- cinnamon hard disk candies, crushed
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil. (If using foil, smooth out all wrinkles.) In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour and pumpkin pie spice until well blended. Remove half the dough, and refrigerate remaining dough until needed.
- 2 Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour onto work surface. With rolling pin, roll dough 1/8 inch thick. With small sharp knife or cookie cutter, cut out 4-inch pumpkin shapes. On cookie sheets, place shapes 2 inches apart. Cut out facial features from pumpkins. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 3 Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix crushed candies. Place 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed candy in center of each cutout area in each cookie, making sure candy touches edges of cookie. (Do not mound candy in centers of cutouts.)
- 4 Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until edges of cookies are light golden brown, and candy is melted and fills cutout areas of cookies. Cool 2 to 5 minutes on cookie sheets or until candy is hardened. Carefully remove cookies from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/