Bewitching Sugar Cookies
Write a review
- roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- cup all-purpose flour
- drops green food color
- whole cashews
- semisweet chocolate chips
- cup chow mein noodles
- cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Candy sprinkles or colored sugar, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until well blended. Reshape dough into 7-inch roll; press sides of roll to form a triangle-shaped roll. Cut 15 (1/4-inch) triangle-shaped slices from roll of cookie dough (for witch hats), reserving remaining dough for witch faces. (If dough is too soft to cut into slices, refrigerate up to 30 minutes.) Place slices on cookie sheet; place in refrigerator.
- 2 In same bowl, break remaining cookie dough into pieces. With spoon or rubber spatula, stir in green food color until well blended. Shape dough into a roll about 4 inches long. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 3 Remove sliced dough and roll of dough from refrigerator. Cut roll into 15 slices; on 2 ungreased large cookie sheets, place slices about 3 inches apart (leaving room to add hats). Press a hat shape onto each round slice on cookie sheets.
- 4 For each cookie, use tip of spoon to make opening at bottom of round cookie through dough to cookie sheet to make mouth. Add 1 cashew for nose and 2 chocolate chips for eyes. Poke noodles into sides and under hat for hair.
- 5 Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown (cookies will continue to brown slightly as they cool). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- 6 In shallow microwavable dish, microwave 1 cup chocolate chips uncovered on High 25 to 30 seconds; stir until smooth. (If necessary, microwave 15 seconds longer.) Spread melted chocolate on hats. Make ribbon on hat brim with candy sprinkles.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/