Frosty Pumpkin Squares
Write a review
- quart (4 cups) vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/4
- cups graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- cup butter or margarine, melted
- cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- cup packed brown sugar
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon ground ginger
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Let ice cream stand at room temperature 30 to 45 minutes to soften.
- 2 Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and butter; reserve 2 to 3 tablespoons crumb mixture. In ungreased 8- or 9-inch square pan, press remaining crumb mixture firmly and evenly over bottom.
- 3 In large bowl, beat remaining ingredients with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in ice cream with spoon. Spread over crumb mixture in pan. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top.
- 4 Freeze uncovered at least 4 hours or until top of pumpkin mixture is firm, then cover and return to freezer. Let stand at room temperature 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.
- This is a great make-ahead recipe. Prepare and freeze up to 2 weeks before. For easy cutting, let stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/