Frankenstein's Monster Cake
Write a review
- I box of your favorite cake mix baked to the directions on the cake box
- Cake frosted with green buttercream
- Decorating bag filled with chocolate fudge frosting
- Wilton tips #47 (basketweave) and #3 (small round)
- 2 white candy melts
- 2 brown M&M's
- 1 green peanut M&M
- 1 mini Twix bar
- My favorite part of this cake is the hair!
- I used a tub of pre-made frosting (gasp!) because the consistency is perfect for this.
- (I added some black food coloring to make it darker.)
- Using tip #47, start piping in the middle of the cake and move outward -
- going over the edge and down the side a little.
- Make sure the serrated side of the tip is up.
- Continue all the way around the cake, making the hair longer in back.
- Attach the brown M&M's to the candy melts with a dab of frosting, then press on to the cake.
- Attach your green peanut M&M to the cake right under the eyes.
- Using tip #3, Pipe on a squiggly mouth and a scar.
- Cute the Twix bar in half, and press into the sides of the cake to make bolts.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/