A Flock of Turkeys Recipe
Write a review
- 48 sugar cookies (3 inches)
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate and marshmallow cookies
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Yellow and red paste food coloring
- Using a serrated knife, cut 1/2 in. from one side of 24 sugar cookies. Using a sharp knife, cut marshmallow cookies in half vertically. Spread chocolate frosting over the bottom of each marshmallow cookie half; align cut edges of a marshmallow cookie and a sugar cookie, and press together to form each turkey body and feathers.
- Spread chocolate frosting over the cut edges of each turkey; position and attach near the back edge of a whole sugar cookie.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Insert a #12 round pastry tip; fill bag with 3/4 cup chocolate frosting. Pipe a neck and head on each turkey.
- Tint 1/2 cup vanilla frosting yellow and 1/2 cup red. With a #3 round pastry tip and yellow frosting, add eyes, beaks and legs. With #3 round tip and red frosting, pipe snood and tail feathers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/