Easy Slow-Cooker Beef Short Rib Supper
Write a review
- pounds beef short ribs, cut into rib sections
- teaspoon seasoned salt
- small whole red potatoes
- 1 1/2
- cups baby-cut carrots
- can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup
- cup chili sauce
- tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 1/2
- cups Green Giant® frozen cut green beans (from 1-pound bag), thawed
- 1 Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker and 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Sprinkle ribs with seasoned salt. Cook ribs in skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until well browned.
- 2 Remove ribs from skillet with fork or tongs; place in cooker. Add potatoes and carrots. Mix soup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and garlic pepper in small bowl; pour over ribs and vegetables.
- 3 Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours.
- 4 Skim and discard fat if desired. Stir in green beans. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Expert Tips
- Browning the short ribs before slow cooking gives the dish a rich, savory flavor and removes some of the fat.
- This is a terrific meal-in-one, but some hearty bread and sliced fresh pears are easy additions.
- Short ribs are trimmed from narrow beef rib and short plate sections. They’re tasty but tough, so slow cooking is great for tenderizing them.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/