Chipotle Chicken Drummettes
Write a review
- (16-oz.) pkg. chicken wing drummettes (about 20 drummettes)
- cup chili sauce
- tablespoons brown sugar
- tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- teaspoon grated lime peel
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil. Arrange drummettes in single layer in foil-lined pan.
- 2 In small microwave-safe bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; mix well. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved, stirring once halfway through cooking. Pour sauce over drummettes to cover.
- 3 Bake at 375°F. for 30 minutes. Turn drummettes over; bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until drummettes are glazed, fork-tender and no longer pink next to bone.
- Expert Tips
- Chipotle chiles are dried, smoked jalapeño chiles. They are available dry in bulk, or canned in adobo sauce. Adobo sauce is a traditional Mexican paste made from ground chiles, herbs and vinegar. It's not overly hot, but it has a rich spicy flavor.
- The sauce can be made one day ahead. Refrigerate it until you are ready to bake the drummettes.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/