Write a review
- pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- cup butter, softened
- Green food color
- container Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- Assorted candies and sprinkles, as desired for decorating
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. With moistened fingers, press dough in bottom of pan.
- 3 Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown; cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4 Cut tree shape from baked cookie. If you need help, create a tree template. Place the template on the baked cookie and cut around it using a sharp knife.
- 5 Stir food color into frosting as desired. Decorate cookie tree with frosting and candies.
- Chocolate chip cookie mix can be substituted for the sugar cookie mix. Stir some chopped nuts into the dough for an indulgent treat.
- You can make the cutout cookie the day before the fun begins! Store cookie covered with plastic wrap or foil.
- Try a variety of sugared gum drops, candy-coated sunflower nuts and cinnamon candies for fun designs and colors.
- Cut shapes out of the scrap cookie; a star to decorate the top of the tree or squares and rectangles to make gifts to go under the tree.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/