Christmas Ball Cookies
Write a review
- 1 1/4
- cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2
- cups powdered sugar
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon almond extract
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- Red, green and white sanding sugar
- tablespoon milk
- 1 In large bowl, beat 1 cup of the butter, 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and the salt with electric mixer on medium speed about2 minutes or until creamy. Beat in 1/4 teaspoon of the almond extract. On low speed, beat in flour just until combined. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2 Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. Shape dough into 48 (3/4-inch) balls. Roll 16 balls in each color of sanding sugar, coating completely. On cookie sheets, place balls 1 inch apart.
- 3 Bake 15 minutes or until set and bottoms are light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. In small bowl, beat remaining 1/4 cup butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and the milk with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. For each sandwich cookie, spread about 1/2 teaspoon filling on bottom of 1 cookie; top with second cookie, bottom side down, to form ball.
- You'll want to use butter rather than a substitute for this recipe. Carefully measure flour and powdered sugar by lightly spooning into a measuring cup and leveling off. Scooping flour can cause dry, tough dough.
- You may omit the filling for these sandwich cookies and simply serve them as colorful sugar cookies.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/