Classic Cocktail Wieners
Write a review
- package (14 oz) cocktail-size wieners or smoked sausages
- cup barbecue sauce
- cup seedless raspberry jam
- tablespoon chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can)
- 1 In large saucepan, stir together all ingredients. Heat to boiling over medium heat; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and wieners are plump.
- 2 Remove wieners from sauce to serving platter; pour sauce into small bowl. Serve with toothpicks or bamboo knotted party pick
- You can prepare this appetizer in a slow cooker instead of on the stove. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray before adding all ingredients. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 hours.
- For a variation, use grape jelly instead of raspberry jam and spicy mustard in place of the chipotle chiles.
- This simple recipe is great for a large party, as you can easily double or triple it.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/