Write a review
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® German chocolate cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- bottle (1 oz) red food color
- tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting (from 1-lb container)
- bags (14 oz each) white or green candy melts or coating wafers
- Betty Crocker® red sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs, food color and cocoa with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- 2 Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack.
- 3 Line cookie sheets with waxed paper. Remove cake from pan and crumble into large bowl; stir in frosting. Roll mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls; place on cookie sheets.
- 4 Melt candy melts as directed on package. Dip each cake ball into melted coating, tapping off excess and taking care not to get crumbs in coating.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/