Christmas Tree Candy Pops
Write a review
- cup (6 1/2 oz.) green candy melts or coating wafers
- Small candies and/or decorating icing
- Flat wooden sticks with rounded ends
- Plastic wrap
- 1 Line cookie sheets with foil. Melt candy melts as directed on package. Spoon melted candy into resealable food storage plastic bag or small plastic squeeze bottle; seal bag or cover bottle. If using bags, cut small hole in one bottom corner.
- 2 On foil-lined cookie sheets, squeeze out melted candy to create 3-inch tree shapes about 1/4 inch thick. Immediately decorate as desired with candies or icing.
- 3 Freeze 1 minute to set. When set, peel candy pops from foil. To attach shapes to wooden sticks, place small amount of melted coating on stick; gently press shape onto stick. Let stand 5 minutes or until set. Wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Christmas trees aren't the only shapes you can make. Use white candy melts to make a candy cane, adding stripes with red peppermint candy. Use yellow candy melts for stars and add sparkle with edible glitter. If you have young children, make the shapes beforehand and then let your kids decorate.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/