Christmas Apple Salad
Write a review
- cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- tsp. salt
- can (14 oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained, liquid reserved
- Granny Smith apples, cored, cut into cubes
- red apples, cored, cut into cubes
- cup coarsely chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- MIX sour cream, salt and reserved pineapple juice in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- ADD pineapple tidbits, apples and pecans.
- TOSS until apples are coated with sour cream mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Toss gently with marshmallows before serving.
- Special Extra
- Sprinkle cinnamon and a few additional JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows over salad just before serving.
- Apple Varieties
- Look for apples that are firm and well colored with smooth, blemish-free skins. Choose the variety that best suits your needs. All-purpose apples for both eating raw and cooking uses include Cortland, Granny Smith, Jonathan, Fuji, Gravenstein, Empire, Jonagold, McIntosh, Pippin, Spy and Winesap. Best snacking and salad apples are Gala, Golden Delicious and Red Delicious. When cooking, use Rhode Island Greening, Rome Beauty or York Imperial.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/