Write a review
- box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- tablespoons butter or margarine
- cup powdered sugar
- tablespoons kirsch or water
- package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2
- to 2 pints (3 to 4 cups) whole strawberries
- tablespoons red currant jelly
- teaspoons kirsch or water
- 1 Heat oven to 450°F. Bake pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Cool on cooling rack 15 minutes.
- 2 In 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons kirsch and the cream cheese until well blended. Pour into pie shell. Arrange strawberries over chocolate mixture.
- 3 In 1-quart saucepan, heat glaze ingredients until warm; spoon or brush over strawberries. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until serving time. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
- Any kind of chocolate will work in this recipe--try milk, dark or bittersweet.
- A purchased strawberry glaze, usually found next to fresh strawberries in the produce section of your local grocer, can be used to glaze the fresh berries.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/