Chocolate and Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies How-To
Write a review
- 1 roll (30 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated peppermint sugar cookies
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dark or regular baking cocoa
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips (6 oz)
- 15 hard round peppermint candies, unwrapped, crushed
- 1 Cut cookie dough in half crosswise. In large bowl, place half of the dough. Break up dough; stir in 1/4 cup of the flour until well mixed. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2 Meanwhile, in same bowl, break up remaining dough; stir in remaining flour and the cocoa until well mixed. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3 To make pinwheels, place peppermint dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper; roll into 10x12-inch rectangle. Repeat with chocolate-peppermint dough. Peel top sheets of waxed paper from both doughs. Turn chocolate-peppermint dough upside down onto peppermint dough; roll up doughs together, starting at long side, into a log.
- 4 Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper or use nonstick cookie sheets. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices with sharp knife; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- 5 Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges just start to brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely before decorating.
- 6 In microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 to 60 seconds longer, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- 7 In small bowl or on piece of cooking parchment paper, place crushed candies. Dip edge of cookies in melted chips; roll in crushed candies. Place on sheet of cooking parchment paper; let stand until set. Store in airtight container, using waxed paper between cookie layers.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/