Cherry Nut Coffee Cake
Write a review
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, or other chopped nuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT 3/4 cup shortening, 1 1/4 cups sugar and vanilla in large bowl using an electric mixer; add eggs, beat well.
- COMBINE 3 cups flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture alternately with sour cream. Spread half the batter in prepared pan. Cover with half of cherry pie filling, spreading as evenly as possible. Repeat layers.
- COMBINE 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour; mix in 1/4 cup shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over cake batter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- BAKE 50 minutes or until top is brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool until slightly warm or to room temperature.
- ADD enough milk (about 1 tablespoon) to powdered sugar to make desired consistency. Stir in almond extract. Drizzle over cake.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/