Cheese Ball Santa
Write a review
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces Grated Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Red bell pepper
- 1 to 2 cups whipped cream cheese
- Radish slice, carrot stick, pretzel, black olives, crackers, and a cherry tomato
- Make Santa's face by blending the first eight ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Spoon the mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap and shape it into a ball.
- Tightly wrap the cheese and chill it for 1 hour. Unwrap the cheese ball and place it on a large serving tray.
- Drape new plastic wrap over the cheese, then flatten and shape it into a face. Remove the wrap and turn the red pepper upside down for Santa's hat.
- Spoon the whipped cream cheese into a sealable pint-size plastic bag. Seal the bag and make a small snip in a lower corner to create a pastry bag.
- Use piped-on whipped cream cheese to stick a radish-slice pom-pom to the hat. Pipe on more cream cheese for a hatband, eyebrows, and a beard.
- Press on a carrot nose, a pretzel mouth, olive eyes, and cracker ears. Add cherry tomato halves for rosy cheeks. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Kids' Steps: Shaping Santa's face and then decorating it with vegetable features are perfect jobs for little helpers.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/