Candy Corn Poke Cake Recipe:
Write a review
- Candy Corn
- White Cake Mix (and ingredients to make the cake)
- 14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Yellow & Orange Food Coloring
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 – 1 Cup Sugar
- ollowing the directions on the box, make the white cake mix batter then divide the batter equally into three different bowls. Leave the batter in one of the bowls white then using food coloring, color one of bowls filled with batter yellow, and one of the bowls orange.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan and spread the yellow cake batter across the bottom. Put the pan in the freezer on a straight rack and let freeze for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the freezer after the allotted time and carefully pour the orange layer of cake batter into the pan, gently spreading the batter creating and even layer that completely covers the yellow batter. Place the pan back into the freezer for 25 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to the given temperature on the cake mix box.
- Remove the pan from the freezer once more and carefully spread the white cake mix batter over the orange batter, evenly. Place the pan on top of the preheating oven for 1/2 hour to warm up the frozen batter. This will allow the batter to cook and rise evenly in the oven.
- After 30 minutes bake according to the directions on the cake mix box.
- Remove the cake from the oven once cooked and immediately poke holes throughout the cake. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the cake, filling each crevasse and hole.
- Place the cake in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- Once the cake has chilled whip beat the heavy whipping cream with sugar (according to desired sweetness) and spread evenly over the top of the cake. Add candy corn and serve!
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/