Cauldron Cake Pops
Write a review
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® dark chocolate cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting (from 1-lb container)
- 4 1/2
- cups black candy melts
- teaspoons shortening
- cup green candy melts
- paper lollipop sticks
- Black string licorice, cut into 35 (2-inch) pieces
- Block of plastic foam
- 1 Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Cool. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Crumble cake into large bowl. Add frosting; mix well. Shape into 2-inch balls; place on cookie sheet. Freeze until firm; keep refrigerated.
- 2 In medium microwavable bowl, microwave black candy melts and 4 teaspoons of the shortening uncovered on Medium (50%) 1 minute, then in 15-second intervals, until melted; stir until smooth. Repeat with green candy melts and remaining 2 teaspoons shortening. Dip tip of 1 lollipop stick about 1/2 inch into melted black candy and insert stick into 1 cake ball no more than halfway. Repeat. Return to cookie sheet. Refrigerate 5 minutes. Remove from refrigerator a few at a time. Dip cake balls in black candy (do not tap off excess). Place cake balls, tops down, on cookie sheet. Let stand until set.
- 3 Spoon green candy onto flat side of each cake ball. Immediately attach licorice to look like handle. Poke opposite end of stick into foam block. Let stand until set.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/