Banana-Cranberry Spice Muffins
Write a review
- cup Fiber One® original bran cereal
- cup fat-free (skim) milk
- tablespoons vegetable oil
- cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/4
- cups all-purpose flour
- cup sugar
- teaspoons baking powder
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- teaspoon salt
- cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or cooking spray, or place paper baking cup in each muffin cup. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or flat side of meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
- 2 In medium bowl, beat egg, milk and oil with fork or wire whisk until well mixed; beat in bananas. Stir in cereal; let stand 5 minutes.
- 3 Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until blended. Stir in cranberries. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- 4 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to cooling rack. Serve warm.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/