Caramel Helmet Treats™
Write a review
- 1 package (14 oz.) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- — OR —
- fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- Assorted candies
- In large saucepan combine caramels and half-and-half. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat.
- 2. Stir in vanilla. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- 3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into helmet shapes. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat caramels and half-and-half on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/