Caramel-Drizzled Brownie Hearts
Write a review
- box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- caramels, unwrapped (from 14 oz bag)
- tablespoons whipping cream
- cup chopped pecans
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line bottom and sides of 9-inch square pan with foil. Grease bottom only of foil with shortening or cooking spray. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 2 Using foil to lift, remove brownie from pan. Remove foil. With deep 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut 8 brownies.
- 3 In medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and whipping cream uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every minute, until caramels are melted.
- 4 Arrange brownies on serving plate. Drizzle caramel mixture over brownies. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Make double-chocolate brownie hearts by drizzling with chocolate syrup instead of the caramel.
- Use a deep 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, for 18 smaller brownie hearts.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/