Candy Cane Reindeer Recipe
Write a review
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 12 candy canes (6 inches)
- 12 to 20 pretzels
- 12 red-hot candies
- 24 candy-coated milk chocolate balls or miniature chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Keep warm. Holding the curved end of a candy cane, use a spoon to drizzle coating over the straight part of cane. Gently shake off excess. Place on waxed paper to dry. Repeat with remaining candy canes. Break pretzels into pieces to resemble antlers; set aside 24 pieces.
- For each reindeer nose, dab a small amount of melted candy coating onto a red-hot. Press onto the end of the curved portion of the candy cane and hold for about 10 seconds. For the eyes, dab a small amount of coating on two chocolate balls and attach to candy cane above nose.
- Select two similar pretzel pieces; dab a small amount of coating onto the candy cane where antlers will be attached. Press pretzel pieces into the coating and hold for about 30 seconds. Repeat for remaining reindeer. Place in mugs or drinking glasses; let dry for about 1 hour. Yield: 1 dozen.
- his recipe was tested with Hershey's candy-coated milk chocolate balls.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/