Candy Cane Cookies
Write a review
- cup sugar
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- cup milk
- teaspoon vanilla
- teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 1/2
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon red food color
- tablespoons finely crushed peppermint candies
- tablespoons sugar
- 1 Stir together 1 cup sugar, the butter, milk, vanilla, peppermint extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Divide dough in half. Stir food color into 1 half. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 2 Heat oven to 375ºF.
- 3 Stir together peppermint candy and 2 tablespoon sugar; set aside.
- 4 For each candy cane, shape 1 rounded teaspoon dough from each half into 4-inch rope by rolling back and forth on floured surface. Place 1 red and white rope side by side; press together lightly and twist. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; curve top of cookie down to form handle of cane.
- 5 Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until set and very light brown. Immediately sprinkle candy mixture over cookies. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/