Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake Truffles
Write a review
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 can (7.5 ounces) pumpkin puree (seal & refrigerate the rest for pumpkin bread!)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips or melting candies
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 tsp Crisco or butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a round cake pan or loaf pan; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and Pumpkin Spice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix both white and brown sugars, butter, and eggs until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix again until smooth.
- Fold in the pumpkin puree until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan
- Bake until tops spring back to the touch, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, crumble the cake into a bowl and add the cream cheese frosting.
- Mix with a spoon or hands until thoroughly combined; Add spoonfuls of frosting one at a time if the cake is still dry
- Roll the cake out into 2″ balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper
- Place the cake balls in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour
- At this point you can place the cake balls in a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to three months to continue later if preferred.
- In a small bowl, heat the white chocolate in 20 second increments in the microwave, stirring in between each time
- Using a toothpick, skewer or spoon (I use a spoon), dip the chilled cake balls into the white chocolate.
- Coat the cake balls and return to the cookie sheet.
- Chill for 30 minutes while you prepare the Butterscotch.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the Butterscotch chips and the Crisco / butter.
- Heat in 20 second increments, stirring in between.
- Once thoroughly melted, allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon the melted Butterscotch into a small sandwich bag.
- Snip off a very TINY corner of the bag and drizzle over the truffles.
- Chill for a few minutes until the butterscotch is set.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/