Bourbon-Pecan Sweet Potato Pie
Write a review
- cup pecans
- cup bourbon whiskey
- 1 1/2
- lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- cup water
- cup packed light brown sugar
- tablespoons light corn syrup
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon ground ginger
- cup whipping cream
- cup whipping cream, whipped
- Pillsbury® Pet-Ritz® frozen deep dish pie crust (from 12-oz package)
- 1 In small bowl, mix pecans and bourbon. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2 Heat oven to 375°F. In 13x9-inch ungreased baking dish, place sweet potatoes and water; cover with foil. Bake about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain water; cool sweet potatoes 10 minutes.
- 3 Drain pecans, reserving bourbon. In large bowl, mash sweet potatoes; add eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, cinnamon, ginger and reserved bourbon. Mix well. Gradually stir in 1/3 cup whipping cream, scraping bowl after each addition. Mix 1 minute longer. (Sweet potatoes have a coarse texture, so there will be some small lumps.)
- 4 Pour filling into frozen pie crust; sprinkle with pecans. Bake about 45 minutes or until filling puffs and is lightly browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5 Cool completely, about 3 hours. Serve with whipped cream. Cover and
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/