Blue Ombre Cake
Write a review
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 packages Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 8 large egg whites
- Blue and red food color
- 3 containers Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Classic White Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 4 (9-inch) round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Beat cake mixes, water, oil and eggs whites with electric mixer on medium speed in large bowl 2 minutes.
- DIVIDE batter evenly into 4 small bowls. Tint one portion with 25 drops blue food color and 3 drops red food color. Tint second with 12 drops blue. Tint third with 5 drops blue. Tint fourth portion with 1 drop blue. Spread each batter into a prepared pan.
- BAKE 30 to 34 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Level cakes using a serrated knife.
- ASSEMBLE cake layers, darkest to lightest, spreading 1/2 cup frosting between each layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Smooth frosting with cake comb*, if desired.
- TIP *Cake combs can be found at your local craft store
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/