Batty Sugar Cookies
Write a review
- roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- cup all-purpose flour
- container (12 oz) fluffy white whipped ready-to-spread frosting
- teaspoons black paste food color
- candy eyes
- tablespoons black sanding sugar, if desired
- tube (4.25 oz) orange decorating icing
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, knead cookie dough and flour with hands until well mixed. On floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with floured 3-inch bat-shaped cookie cutter. On ungreased cookie sheet, place cutouts 2 inches apart. Reroll dough and cut additional cookies.
- 2 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- 3 Tint frosting with black food color. Frost cookies with frosting; attach candy eyes. Sprinkle cookies with black sugar. Pipe ears and mouth with orange icing. Let stand until set.
- If you use a larger 5-inch bat-shaped cookie cutter, you’ll get 10 cookies and need to bake them a few minutes longer.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/