Baked Potato Soup
Write a review
- large baking potatoes
- slices bacon
- cups milk
- cup all-purpose flour
- green onions, sliced
- oz. (1 1/4 cups) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 Pierce potatoes with fork; place on microwave-safe paper towel or roasting rack in microwave. Microwave on HIGH for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning once halfway through cooking. Cool slightly.
- 2 Meanwhile, cook bacon in Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Remove from Dutch oven; drain on paper towels. Crumble; set aside.
- 3 In same Dutch oven, combine milk and flour; blend well. Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes or until bubbly and thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- 4 Cut cooked potatoes in half. Scoop out cooked potato from skins; place in medium bowl. Discard skins. Mash potatoes well.
- 5 Add potatoes, bacon, 2 tablespoons of the onions, 1 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper to milk mixture. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add sour cream; cook and stir until soup is thoroughly heated.
- 6 To serve, spoon soup into individual bowls. Sprinkle each with remaining onions and cheese
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/