Baby Chick Cake
Write a review
- pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- cup butter, softened
- tsp. vanilla
- pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar, sifted
- Few drops yellow food coloring
- tsp. water
- cups BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut (7-oz. pkg.), divided
- Decorations: round candies, candied orange slices, chewy fruit snack roll, JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- PREPARE cake batter as directed on package; blend in dry pudding mix. Bake as directed on package for 2 (9-inch) round layers. Cool cakes in pans 10 min.; invert onto wire racks. Remove pans; cool cakes completely.
- CUT cake layers as shown in Diagram 1. Arrange on tray or large platter as shown in Diagram 2.
- BEAT cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar until well blended; frost cake.
- MIX food coloring and water; toss with half the coconut until evenly tinted. Sprinkle over chick. Sprinkle remaining untinted coconut over egg. Add decorations to resemble photo.
- Kraft Kitchens Tips
- Have fun with your family decorating this special-occasion dessert.
- How to Make Chick's Beak
- To add a beak for the chick, cut out triangle from 1 side of additional JET-PUFFED Marshmallow. Dip cut-edge in colored sugar, if desired. Add to cake.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/