Almond Brownie-Cherry Mousse Torte
Write a review
- 1 box Pillsbury® Family Size Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 EGGLAND’S BEST eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 jar (10 oz) maraschino cherries, drained, 2 teaspoons cherry juice reserved
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals® Natural Sliced Almonds, toasted*
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously spray 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Line bottoms of pans with cooking parchment paper; spray paper with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water, eggs and almond extract 50 strokes with spoon. Divide batter evenly between pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge of pan comes out almost clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Carefully invert brownie layers from pans onto cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, finely chop cherries. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, cherries and 2 teaspoons cherry juice with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate while brownies cool.
- To assemble torte, place 1 brownie layer, bottom side up, on serving plate. Spread half of cherry mixture over top of brownie. Top with remaining brownie, top side up; spread or pipe remaining cherry mixture on top. Sprinkle almonds around edge of torte. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Store covered in refrigerator.
- TIP *To toast almonds, spread in ungreased shallow pan; bake uncovered at 350°F 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown. Remove from pan to plate to cool.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/