Wickedly Fun Witches
Write a review
- oblong peanut butter-filled sandwich cookies
- cup vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting (from 1-lb container)
- drops green food color
- drops yellow food color
- miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
- pieces candy corn
- bars (1.55 oz each) milk chocolate candy
- chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Place sandwich cookies on cookie sheet. In resealable food storage plastic bag, place frosting and food colors; seal bag. Squeeze bag until frosting is well blended. Cut small opening in bottom corner of bag.
- 2 Pipe thick line across each sandwich cookie near the top. Pipe 1 large dot of frosting above line on each cookie. Pipe squiggles of frosting to resemble witch's hair below each green line. Pipe 2 dots for eyes, 1 for nose and 1 for mouth on each cookie. Place baking bits on dots for eyes and mouth; place candy corn on dot for nose.
- 3 Cut candy bars crosswise into quarters. Cut each quarter in half to form 2 triangles. Place 1 candy triangle over large dot of frosting on each cookie to resemble top of witch's hat.
- 4 With serrated knife and sawing motion, cut each chocolate wafer cookie in half. Place cookie half upright on green line at base of each candy triangle to resemble hat brim.
- Plan to make these spell-bindingly delicious treats for a child's Halloween party. Apple cider is the perfect accompaniment.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/